Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Muffins?

My first attempt at gluten free baking was not a huge success. I used the Arrowhead Mills GF baking mix. The pancakes were good, though a slightly more granular texture than we're used to. The granola, GF chocolate peanut butter rice crispy bars, and homemade power bars all came out great! I made a blueberry bread which held together, but had the same granular texture as the pancakes and fell apart rather easily. But the rhubarb muffins didn't work at all. The taste was great, but the minute I touched them to take them out of the pan they crumbled and disentigrated into a pile of muffin dust. They seemed to hold a little better after being refrigerated for a while. But still fell apart easily. Definitely not what we'd normally call muffins.

My next big adventure is to try pizza dough, but after the muffin disaster I'm a bit nervous!

No comments:

Post a Comment